SEO is almost a whole new thing today compared to what it was back then. Most experts argue that link fabrication suffered the biggest blow in the overhaul. SEO is quite different from what it used to be back then, but the fundamentals of a good link are more or less the same.
Link Building Services is here for all your SEO matters in link fabrication. Are you finding it hard to secure high-quality backlinks? Are your proposals for link building to high authority sites constantly ignored? Worry no more as Link Building Services got you. They are experts in link building strategies and lead generation. They will get you links from high authority publications, and you will be sure to enjoy quality traffic. The company has sufficient knowledge of bagging the best and high-quality links in all niche sites.
Discussions doing rounds claim that content marketing has replaced link building in SEO, making us forget the link building basics. Link building is still alive and a factor in ranking for the search engine. But makes an ideal link for your website? What are the basics?
Links Represent Your Brand Name
A simple, questionable action may ruin your brand name, and so does a shady link on your website. Google does not take politely spammy activities and link manipulation. Practicing this will only be setting up your website to fail. Surround yourself with reputable link sources, and you can be sure Google will reward your efforts.
That technically means you will start to rank high in the search engine for specific keywords. Ask yourself some important questions, such as whether your link sources have reputable backlinks and whether the websites link to credible sources. Avoid hanging out among questionable crowds, and Google will be your friend.
Internal Linking Matters
The right choice of anchor texts is crucial to the success of your website. However, interlinking your pages and articles helps Google crawl the website and determine the vital pages. Internal links lead to other articles or pages on your website that provide more information to what the reader is looking for.
Internal links will connect your content, giving the search engine an overview of your website’s structure. Google will now determine your site’s hierarchy and give the most crucial posts and pages more link value. Your homepage will have the highest link value since most backlinks will be leading here.
That technically means the latest blog posts will have more link value if you link them to the homepage and not just the category page.
Bad Links vs. Good Links
Some experts will still consider Linking Root Domains and Domain Authority when looking for potential sources. However, determining good or bad links has to do with your guts mostly. Number comparison is also vital, but your guts will never lie to you. If a link source feels dubious, then probably it is suspicious.
Look into these factors to determine a good or bad link source:
- Difficulty. Determine how much time it takes to get the link source. More valuable sources will not be easy to find. So before diving in too deep, look at the time invested and the marketing goals to be achieved
- How is your general feeling on the link source? Do you feel it is trustworthy? Is the content informative and educational? Do the ideas flow naturally with good grammar?
- Is this link source going to bring traffic to my website? This was the sole purpose of links before Google introduced an algorithm
Robust Competitive Analysis
Any successful marketing master plan commences with a deep competitive analysis. That is where you ought to start your link building initiative. You could use online tools such as Open Site Explorer to assess the backlinks to your competitor websites. Determine where they source the links and use the same tactics.
You could start with your current connections and source links from them before going out to make new connections. Scrutinize your followers on social platforms and the people that already link to your site to discover more linking opportunities. Use online tools like Fresh Web Explorer and look for websites mentioning your brand name but have not linked back to you and sites using your logo with no link.
Different Kinds of Links
Generally, there are four categories of links. They include:
- This type of link mainly involves manually talking to publishers, webmasters, and bloggers. You ask them to link their site to yours so that you can receive some traffic. However, most of the time, you have to provide something valuable in return so that they can link your site.
- These are the links you acquire naturally from other websites. Websites addressing the same audience will naturally link your site since it has more information on what they are talking about. So, you should strive and write informative and helpful content; the links will come on their own without breaking a sweat.
- Social Shares. These are not backlinks but can boost your search rankings. Sharing the content on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook will enhance your rankings on Google.
- These are the links you create via forums, online profiles, and blog comments. However, you are advised to use them cautiously, and Google is devaluing them.
These are the basics of backlinks, and in as much as they seem common, many businesses are so much into link building that they forget about these issues. We agree content is king, but with no links, it may not do that well.