A sharp, focused brain, a positive mood, and strong, healthy bones and joints can help you enjoy life to the fullest. When you are looking to support the health of your mind and body, you may want to consider taking an omega-3 supplement.
An omega 3 supplement can be a helpful addition to a healthy diet for maintaining brain and body health.
We will take a look at the benefits of taking an omega-3 supplement to optimize your total body health, as well as which foods can be part of a diet rich in these fatty acids.
Add Omega-3s to Your Diet for Mood Maintenance
To help maintain a positive mood, your brain requires adequate levels of the brain chemicals eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). EPA and DHA are omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fatty fish and omega-3 supplements.
To support your mood, you can add the following omega-3-rich foods to your diet, ranked from greatest source to least:
- Mackerel – 5,134 mg per 3.5 oz serving
- Chia seeds – 5,060 mg per 28-gram serving
- Walnuts- 2,570 mg per 28-gram serving
- Flax seeds – 2,350 mg per one-tablespoon serving
- Salmon – 2,260 mg per 3.5 oz serving
- Sardines – 1,480 mg per 3.5 oz serving
In addition to incorporating the above foods into your diet, you can also help maintain a healthy mood with a high-quality omega-3 supplement.
Support Your Mental Focus with an Omega-3 Supplement
Research has found omega-3 supplements to be beneficial for cognitive health. In particular, supplementing with a higher proportion of the omega-3 fatty acid EPA was found to support cognitive performance and brain activation. To help maintain the optimal functioning of your brain including focus, concentration, memory, and clarity, be sure to select an omega-3 supplement that contains a higher ratio of EPA to DHA fatty acids.
Support the Overall Health of Your Body with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Eating a diet that includes foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids as well as taking an omega-3 supplement with a high proportion of EPA can also support the overall health of your body.
Here are some of the ways that omega-3 fatty acids can help you maintain youthfulness and longevity:
- Omega-3s can help support eye health. The omega-3 fatty acid DHA can be found in the retina of your eye. Consuming adequate DHA in your diet and through supplementation can help support the health of your vision throughout your life.
- Omega-3s can help support heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids have been found to help maintain already healthy levels of cholesterol and blood pressure, which are components of good heart health.
- Omega-3s can help support weight maintenance. In a similar way that omega-3s are beneficial to heart health, they can also help support a healthy weight, the maintenance of already healthy cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
- Omega-3s can help support healthy bones and joints. Omega-3 fatty acids work together with calcium to help maintain bone strength and joint comfort.
USANA BiOmega Can Help You Feel Your Best
When you want to help maintain your mental clarity and joint mobility so you can feel vibrant and youthful as you age, try adding USANA BiOmega to your daily regimen. This high-quality omega-3 supplement delivers 580 mg of EPA and 470 mg of DHA combined with bone strength-supporting vitamin D3. When you supply your body with plenty of omega-3 fatty acids from a healthy diet along with a daily omega-3 supplement, you can feel confident that you are helping to support the Optimal Health of your mind and body throughout your life.